Tuesday, August 22, 2017

we have only had time to eat lunch twice this week Aug. 14, 2017

THIS WEEK WAS WILD
We went on exchanges this week with the Elgin Sisters as well as the Belvidere sisters and just like every other exchange with me, THINGS HAPPENED. 
With the Elgin sisters I got to go with Sister Willes who(m?) if we had gone to the same high school we definitely would have been friends. A lot of people weren't home that we had plans to see but we were able to talk to their neighbors so I would say it was a success. I wish they were closer so that we could see them more. I wish everyone could be in Rockford
our exchange with the Belvidere sisters was pretty crazy! But so fun. I love Belvidere. It reminds me of Freeport a little bit and those sisters crack me UP.
I went with sister Reynolds and we walked EVERYWHERE. I am still sore from it. we started off our morning kind of loco. OK very loco. so we needed the apartment keys because we were going to come back after doing some work and do some additional studying. So the plan was Sister Jardine and Sister Prisbrey would take the car keys because they could drive and give us the apartment key so we could get back in the apartment and not be stranded in the middle of Belvidere. Well they left before us and we were sitting there and we realized that they had taken the apartment keys so I run to go grab the phone to text them and GUESS WHAT they left their phone so we had both phones and couldn't get ahold of them SO we ran out to the parking lot to give it to them but we missed them. we walk back to the apartment and WE ARE LOCKED OUT. And we had nothing besides our phone. No bag no map no cards no copies of the book of mormon no pamphlets no nada nothing. just our shoes and our phone. Sister Reynolds and I brainstormed and figured we could maybe possibly walk and try and find our way to the sisters teaching appointment and crash it. But that would be a really long time and we couldn't even give anything to anyone or write down peoples info if we met someone who was interested on the way. Well the Sisters live above this Pizza Place and they are the landlords so we went down and asked if they had a copy of the key and they did BUT IT DIDN'T WORK. we go back down to tell them and explain our situation and that we will give him the key to make a new copy when we finally get the key. He asks how we will get the key and we explain and he says NO! in his awesome Italian accent and then says/yells (its hard to tell the difference sometimes) to this lady Rose and she walks up to us and asks if we need a ride and CHORUSES OF ANGELS WERE SINGING at that moment. So she drives us to the sisters lesson and we are trying to figure out what to say to make it not weird when we go in and interrupt their lesson but there was really no way to not make it weird.. so we knock and the investigator opens the door and says HEY! come join the party!  and we show up and the Sisters faces were probably the funniest thing I have ever seen. Utter confusion. It was hilarious. We just tell them we are locked out and need the apartment key. Then we handed them the phone and got outta there. 
After that insanity we walked all around Belvidere talking to people. Literally everyone. everywhere. FOUR HOURS. I wasn't prepared but it was really fun as well as painful. We found one of their investigators that they thought had gone to jail but actually he didn't so that was awesome. But sister Reynolds just cracks me up and I am glad we got to go on exchanges together and she taught me how to  make fried chicken
In other news Carol is doing awesome. she PRANKED us a little by going off on the word of wisdom and how she drinks coffee to support the hard working Colombians and Sister Jardine and I are freaking out. and then She looks at us and says "girls.. I have read your pamphlet.. and I have no problem with any of this" and our faces must have been priceless. We had brought the senior sisters with us and they were just cracking up at us because we had been so worried about it. It was a good week
in other news I lost my watch and sister jardine's ankles disappeared because she had so many mosquito bites they swelled up and she could only fit into one pair of her shoes
that's pretty much it I think
have a good week!  
-sister madsen

Elgin Exchange!



Zone Conference




No comments:

Post a Comment