Tuesday, August 22, 2017

still alive but barely breathing Aug 7, 2017

In explanation to my title I was playing volleyball a couple of weeks ago I went for it and DIVED on the gym floor and skinned my knee. I smashed my finger in a bike rack hitch thing on exchanges with Sister Corbett (more to come BC that isn't even the craziest thing that happened) and then this morning I'm not sure how but I walked into the wall with my elbow and it started bleeding so currently I am essentially a walking human bandaid.

Emotional update: I cried a lot while singing called to serve at a meeting this week

We had zone conference which was a lot of fun but not as much fun as usually because we had to train. But it was still fun. For whatever reason BROTHER MULNIX - FREEPORT WARD MISSION LEADER came so that was awesome. He gave Sister Jardine and I candy that he had in his pockets. Also Sister Halliday came for fun! She was one of my first sister training leaders and she has been home for about a year now so it was a weird full circle thing because it was my last zone conference and she was at my first and my last one.

Ok I have two more things to say then I will be done

first. EXCHANGES WITH SISTER CORBETT. It was so fun to be with her. It was a lot like old times for many reasons. In the first hour of her and her companion Sister Epps arriving we accidentally locked ourselves out of our apartment at 9:30 p.m. And then when we got back I fell off and slightly broke my desk chair. When I was training her I thought I was just insane and goofing up all the time but I think Sister Corbett has some sort of effect on me I'm telling you. Every thing happens when we are together. It was also a lot like old times because it was cloudy and cold outside when she came and we talked to a LOT of old people. It was great
We had a cool little miracle. The elders gave us a referral, Terry,  and we went to go see him for a lesson they had set up for us. But we went and no one answered the door. Well. When we pulled up there was this guy out on his porch smoking. So we turned around and decided to go talk to him. He went back inside by this point but we knew he was home. So he came out and talked to us and it turns out he was Terry!! I had just gotten the address wrong. We would have gone back to that home looking for him so many times am never would have found him! But Heavenly Father made it work out.
Another thing I liked that I learned this week is the importance of keeping things simple. The gospel is simple and we have the answers but the Devil puts complications and questions into our mind that we feel like need to be solved but once they are solved we just come up with more questions. So have faith and keep your faith and discipleship simple
We are teaching Carol the word of wisdom this week so prayers would be much appreciated 

Love you all
sister madsen 

Me: don't get too close I'm still a missionary
Brother MULNIX: what are they going to do, send you home? 
Bird eggs in a tree by the church



My companion
We made bird feeders last Monday 


Exchange with Sister Corbett. We used to drive a red car exactly like this together 





No comments:

Post a Comment