Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I have been using my brain for 18 months straight and I can't do it anymore Aug, 28, 2017

Hey
I gave a talk on Sunday and I'm pretty sick of talking about myself to be honest. Missions do many things. And change you in many ways.
But
I still don't like giving talks
Anyways this week guess what???? It was crazy. Always
We have dropped everyone besides Carol. Who is FOR. REAL. being baptized on September 9th at 11 a.m. She told us that she wasn't going to be at church the Sunday after the baptism so she would need to wait an entire week to get the Holy Ghost and be confirmed a member of the church because if you are baptized over 8 they wait until Sunday for confirmation. So we decided it would be best to have them back to back as close together as possible so we moved it. I won't be there but it's ok! It's happening and that's all that matters. And I've planned for it 3 different times so I feel like I've already seen it and I know what's going to happen. Our ward hasn't had a baptism in a year so that is exciting! We went on exchanges with the Belvidere Sisters. Who I LOVE. I went with sister Prisbrey and we didn't take any pictures but you will just have to take my word for it when I say she is the coolest person alive. ALIVE. Intimidatingly cool. But she's so nice and then you aren't as nervous to be around her. But you still are a little bit because she's just that cool. Then we went to Elgin and went on exchanges with them too and it was so fun! We went out and talked to people all day and it was good because I haven't gotten to do that for awhile. It was really fun!! It made me feel like a real missionary if that makes sense. I'm always a missionary but we do a lot of different things every day and some feel more missionary-y than others. So it was good to be able to feel like a missionary for the entire day. And we saw some miracles!! The second person Sister Ward and I talked to became a new investigator! His name is Edgar and he was trying to help us find a house and he was walking all up and down the block looking for it and we ended up talking to him for a long time. It was so fun! And it was cool to be with them and see their relationship because they have a lot of charity for each other and are so unified!! I loved it.  Sister Jardine used to serve in Elgin so she knew about this awesome donut place and we had them for breakfast the next morning because we had to drive to Naperville for a meeting and apparently didn't have time for real breakfast. They were super good though. Needless to say I am not as fit as I was last summer.
I thought I was done with this email but there is one more thing and it is that JIM came to Rockford. Crazy!! His work sent him back here for at least a week. We got to meet up with him and talk, we were really tempted to ask him if he wanted to be baptized next weekend but didn't end up doing it because he would just disappear again. He said he likes the missionaries in Indiana though so that's good! 
Ok, we saw some miracles this week but this email is already really long and I'm sure your mondays are all busier than mine so I'll just go write about them in my journal
I love you! 
SISTER madsen 

Exchanges!!
All the other pictures that Sister Jardine and I take together are in the car with food and it's fine



We made ONION RINGS




No comments:

Post a Comment