Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 22, 2017

I don't really remember what happened this week. There were a lot of meetings, which was good! But also bad, because.. people are outside while we are inside. But it was still good.
I had an interview with President Griffin and it was just so great! He is a wise man.. we talked a lot about goals and the things that I want to do before the mission is up 😶 and how setting goals can give us just a little extra push that we might not have even tried for. Anyways.. it was really good I can't explain. He also talked a lot about how faith without works is dead but that works without faith is also dead and that blew my mind. #believe in your goals.
We had our finding/extra exchange this week! I went with sister Jardine again and this time instead of rain it was a little toasty outside. And usually when we are out we get a couple of people who offer us water bottles and usually we say that's ok but that day we were searching and seeking for the good folks of Illinois to give us some waters and we had no such luck. BUT we did get to have a lesson with Matt! Outside! Haha, but it was good! We put him on date for July 22 which is so exciting! Even though it was the least spiritual baptism invitation there ever was. That's ok!! He said he wanted to get baptized in the end of July so I pulled up my calendar and asked if July 22 would work and he said yep and whoop there it was hahaha. But that's exciting! 
Another trivial thing happened this week and that was that sister Fugal and I were talking about cafe rio and then that night for dinner a member made us the sweet pork cafe rio salad and I was the happiest person ALIVE. I didn't even pray for it. 
Ok one last thing. There is this scripture.. about being anxiously engaged... And on my mission I have very much wanted to be lead by the spirit and have these cool miracles happen where I like KNOW that there is no other way that a certain scenario could have happened besides me or my companion or some random person being led by the Holy Ghost. But it hasn't really happened. Which bums me out. But I read that scripture and the spirit told me to calm down, to not wait for the prompting but to just go for it and see what happens. A lot of times people talk about praying for missionary opportunities or just opportunities in general, they wait until the Holy Ghost is like "oh man.. this is it..HERE IT IS!!" but that scripture is saying don't wait around for me to tell you what to do, JUST GO FOR IT. Make it happen. Create your own opportunities, show me you want it and I will help get you there.
Ok.. that's all for this week
Love you! Thanks for emailing me!! And reading this!! Whoever still does haha
Sister Madsen

D&C 58
26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.
29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned.

Plant? Dead.
Illinois? River 



No comments:

Post a Comment