Sunday, April 24, 2016

1 cat 2 months and 3 Jerrys(2) April 18, 2016

I don't know what it is about me, but the animals LOVE ME. I'll be sitting there minding my own business at someone's house and the cats just flock to me. It's a curse. But I am grateful for modern medicine. I think Heavenly Father was thinking about me when he was helping it be invented. In case you aren't keeping track, as of yesterday I have been a missionary for two months!!!! Crazy. Only 16 more months left. We had a member of the 70 Elder Martino come to our mission and it was so cool! General Authorities are so wise.. I love it. I love being a member of this church. He said a lot of really cool things but one thing that stuck out to me when he was talking about our personal conversion. He said some people call the mission the best two years (18 months) of your life. But I don't think that's true. I think for a lot of missionaries it is definitely not the best two years of their life. But I do know it is the best two years FOR your life. Oh snap. And it's so true!! He went on to talk about all the different benefits of going on a mission. And he is so right. I know the person who I want to become, and I know that I could have never become that person without going on a mission. I have learned almost an embarrassing amount since being out just these two months I can't believe it. A lot of the things I should have known before I left.., but I am just so grateful to be a missionary. And that I get this time to learn more about the gospel (to the point where I can actually teach it) I have never prayed more in my life and I am grateful for the relationship I have with Heavenly Father. Some cool things happened this week while tracting but I only have enough time to talk about one I think. So the Hermanas had this cool idea for all the missionaries In the ward to go tracting with service. So we picked a street and borrowed some supplies from the members and went knocking on doors asking people if we could do yard work for them. FOR FREE. I emphasize this because it is amazing how many people said no to free yard work.. Then we came to a house and met a man named Jerry, I think we may have interrupted an afternoon nap or something because he was not very happy to see us. So we went to the next house and met a man NAMED JERRY. And he was remodeling his whole house and said he would love some help. Jerry #2 is probably one of the nicest mans ever. Afterwards he offered us some waters and asked us to share our favorite scripture with him, the Hermanas came in clutch with Moroni's promise and testified of the Book of Mormon and how it applies to our day. Then they asked him if he wanted one and he was like YES OF COURSE. and they were like ok great we will drop one by tomorrow and tell you a little more about it. And then while we were walking away to the next house THE HERMANAS GAVE HIM TO US. because he is English speaking. Even though they found him and it was their activity. I love their Hermanas. Anyways the next house was also a man named Jerry which was crazy but he didn't want any help either. Fast forward to the next day sister smith and I call up a member who just happens to live on his street and we go over to introduce them and give him a Book of Mormon. We teach probably the briefest restoration lesson ever and then we all testified of the Book of Mormon and how it has helped us. AND THEN. he looks at us and says "this could be exactly what I have been looking for" MY JAW DROPPED. honestly I thought he was being sarcastic, so it didn't really sink in at first and then I was like wait you are serious?!! (All in my head obviously) like did you just hear yourself. I couldn't believe it! It was so cool! We have a BBQ with his family and the members family scheduled for this weekend so we will see how it goes! I am really excited for him and for what the future holds, transfers were this week and sister smith and I are staying so hopefully we will be here long enough to see this area start growing!! I love you all and hope you have another great week. And I hope the weather is as good where ever you are as it is here because it's amazing!! Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment