Tuesday, July 18, 2017

It's good to be a missionary July 3, 2017

I am trying to thing of what happened this week but I am very unfocused BECAUSE THE GREATEST THING JUST HAPPENED. Since we are in Rockford aka mini Chicago aka less than an hour from FREEPORT some of my bffs came to visit me!! I love them and miss them so much! But I am glad I got to see them before they move out west! It was so nice. Heavenly Father has been so good to me my entire mission. And it has just been great getting to see what He has in store for me. His plan is perfect
SO remember how we had nine investigators last week? Guess how many of them kept their return appointments?? A grand total of ONE. Wow. 
But President Griffin once said if every 1/20 people we find gets baptized then we will find 20 new people, drop 19 and baptize one. So there you have it
But this week has been good. As has every other week in Rockford. I love it here. Our investigator Carol came to church unexpectedly and it made my Sunday. She is the one who is a hippy and we have a senior sister who was also a hippy so we introduced them and it was a match made in heaven. They were peace signing all over the place
Jim is still doing good and is still on date. 
We went on exchanges with the Sisters from Elgin and it was so fun! Sister Jagielski and I were companions and she is such a hard worker and we found TWO new investigators. Within minutes of each other and it was on the same street. Ones name was Dave and he ended up being the person this week that kept his return appointment!! Miracles
We also met this guy named Skyler who we taught the entire first lesson to on his porch and invited him to be baptized and he said yes. It was insane!! But there is no time to waste here so Sister Muhlestein and I will just be here every week going crazy. I love it and I am having a lot of fun and so thankful to be on a mission! 
No regrets
Sister Madsen 

MY FRIENDS!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! I can't even talk about it
Me and Dea. finally! 
Me and JUDY and Dea and Lashay and Roschea and Malachi and Keynora 
La'shay. Still takin selfies 




Also I forgot so here is a mini story: we have started doing a Book of Mormon class once a week and this week was WILD. It was going good until an alarm started going off about a storm warning in the middle of class. And then another one did and it said tornado warning. And then we opened the windows to look outside. And then the tornado sirens started going off. And then we were stuck in the church will all the young men and young women and scouts and whoever else for TWO HOURS. It was a real bonding moment 
Especially when senior sister Greene started running outside into the lightning for fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment