Tuesday, July 18, 2017

💥🌪☀️🇺🇸🌽July 10, 2017

Hola!! This week we went on exchanges with the Rockford Hermanas and I learned how to introduce myself in Spanish. Also I love Hermana Ward because she is so HARD CORE. We shared Galesburg together when I was there and I was sad I wasn't able to be around her when I got transferred but now HERE WE ARE and we got to be companions for the day. She cracks me up. 
The two most important things that happened this week was we had a lesson with Carol and she misunderstood an announcement that was made at church and thought it was going to be closed but in reality it was the temple that was going to be closed. When she realized that and that she could come to church this Sunday she quietly said yesssss to herself in the middle of the lesson and I was dying. She's the greatest. Hopefully we can talk to her more about baptism soon. AND THEN when she came to church there was a member talking about the Book of Mormon and he was talking about the different styles of writing and he was going off on the things it talks about in 1&2 Nephi and Carol turns to us and tells us it says "and it came to pass" sooo many times and then the speaker says the exact same thing after her. I was DYING!! We all were. She liked his talk so much she clapped afterwards. She is awesome. She is in Mosiah right now. I love her. She is a widow and we are so excited to teach her about the plan of salvation and temples this week!! 
Jim is still steadily working towards being baptized on the 22nd I don't know if I have talked a lot about him but some background is that he requested a Book of Mormon because of a Facebook ad. He had a lot of common misconceptions that Sister Muhlestein and SISTER WALLACE (mvps) were able to clear up and then he asked if the could come back and teach him more. And then every lesson that he has been taught has been about something that he had been struggling with or was something he had questions about that very same week and then the sisters would teach him about it. And it freaks him out how on point the lessons always are. But in a good way.. anyways he is being baptized and it is very exciting and cool and the Ward loves him! The bishop came back in town this week so I got to meet him and he is awesome. We had a great lesson with him and Jim on Sunday and the spirit smacked all of us. He will be interviewed this week and baptized the next. Jim is cool because he helps me to realize how small our role is as missionaries. Most of missionary work is character building I have decided haha. And we work and work and try to get people to a certain point where they will do something but it is literally all just Heavenly Father. He has such a hand in everyone's lives and is doing so many things to prepare these people. We just picked the lessons to teach Jim and Heavenly Father helped him during the week to have things happen that would make him have the desire to know things about the word of wisdom or tithing or whatever. And the spirit is all testifying and he is like "you sisters are something else!!" But we literally did nothing.
Heavenly Father is awesome and we just work here. I have been out for this long and I still don't know what we do to be honest haha
In other news on the fourth we had to be in by 7 pm BC Americans are crazy and sister Muhlestein and I partied HARD CORE we went crazy it was wild!!
Actually. we both just wrote in our journals the entire time and then went to bed as early as possible. Wild!!!!!!
Stay cool 😎
-sister madsen

Selfless selfies. A gift for you 




Exchanges! With Sister Jagielski and again with the Hermanas



#usa
#utah




No comments:

Post a Comment