Tuesday, January 24, 2017

This is all over the place but what part of my life isn't..January 23 2017

Not much has been going on this week which is always a bummer. We were able to talk to a lot of people though which is always good. Our bishop asked us why we aren't able to get lessons with our investigators in members homes and if he needed to talk to the members so they would help us out but we told him that it was because we don't really have anyone for them to teach in their homes right now so that was awkward. So finding more people to teach is our main focus right now/always. We are searching and praying for solid people. We met this guy Brett who became a new investigator and then a progressing investigator and then a former investigator all within the same week. Our third time seeing him he was waiting for us on his porch and he tried to give us back the Book of Mormon we gave him and he told us he didn't want to be recruited into our church πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘. Luckily he ended up keeping the Book of Mormon so SOMEDAY. Another thing that happened was that we were giving a church tour and are now repenting for lack of preparation for said church tour. We were with a man named Justin who is SUPER into the philosophies of men and one time spent a half hour trying to explain sacred geometry to us.. anyways his hard core Catholic mom referred him to us in hopes that we would be able to rekindle his faith in Heavenly Father. And nothing seemed to be working until we got him reading the Book of Mormon, he used to say he straight up wants a sign from Heavenly Father but since he has been reading his heart has started to soften which is sick. Anyways we were having a church tour with him. We go to the baptism font and turn on the lights and open it up and the whole room smells terrible and there is a couple of inches of black water in the font. I wanted to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he was chill about it. But still..
I was thinking about it and around this time last year I started reading the Book of Mormon and it has been cool to reflect on the things it has taught me and how I feel about it now vs how I felt about it then. I know that it is true, and that if we read our scriptures everyday, and actually read them and search them looking for answers, we will remain faithful member of Christ's church. We are able to have a better understanding of Heavenly Fathers plan for us, and a correct understanding of what is right and what is wrong while living in a time when that can seem turned around and more of a gray area. I have learned so much about and from the Book of Mormon and I continue to learn new things everyday. Because of the Book of Mormon I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of all his children. I know that those who died without hearing or accepting the gospel are given another chance. I know that the church has been restored and because of that I know that Heavenly Father continues to speak to us. I know more fully the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am able to strengthen my relationship with Him and with those around me. I know that if you do not keep the commandments you WILL NOT prosper in the land
2 Nephi 32:3 
Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
Read it.
πŸ“–Sister MadsenπŸ“–


P.s. The Congo family is good! We taught them about keeping the sabbath day holy and then asked them what they would change in order to keep it more holy and they said coming on time to church!!! I was so proud. And then they actually did it and I was even more proud 

We have interviews with President Griffin every transfer now and he told us he was coming to our apartment  and this was sister Wallace every time a car passed our apartment.


And exchanges happened! I went with Sister Ivie and Sister Wallace went with Sister Waters 


No comments:

Post a Comment