Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Freeport, the land that I love Sept 19, 2016

There have been many moments this week where Sister Peterson and I have found ourselves in the car half-shouting half-crying at each other about how great God is and how much we love him, and about how many wonderful things and people there are in Freeport and that by the grace of God we have been put here in this area with these great people together. It's been fun.
There have been a lot of moments where I look around and ask myself is this real life?? It feels very similar to how I imagine Jim from the Office feels whenever he looks at the camera. It's the greatest
God is SO GOOD people. SO GOOD. There are many lessons to learn in life and many of them can be painful and not the most fun. But learning to have gratitude is not one of them. I KNOW with all my heart that grateful people are happy people, and the more you try to look for God's hand in your life the more you will see it. Transfers are coming up soon and we are both nervous for what may come so we are trying to live it and love it and appreciate it here in Freeport as much as we can while we still can. I am sorry this letter isn't long and it doesn't really tell you anything about what happened this week. But be grateful ;) that I wrote one. 
Just kidding that was rude. I know this was bad but I'm just grateful to be here and to be a missionary and to be where I am at right now and I just want you all to know that God is good. 

I hope you all have a great week
Psalms 100:3-5 
🌽Sister Madsen🌽

We carpooled with the Byron Sisters to district meeting and had a pit stop at jimmy johns and there was this man we ran into who was all about self reliance and sustainability and he raised fish in his basement and grew peaches and grapes all around his house. 


And Illinois skies are still 10/10 and the camera never ever does them justice 


No comments:

Post a Comment