Monday, June 6, 2016

Bunch of Goodbyes, May 27 2016

OK 
Transfers are this week so I have been running around like crazy trying to say goodbye to everyone and here's a surprise, BOTH of us are getting transferred!! Sister Smith is going to Joliet and I am going to be in Schaumburg in the YSA! I am actually really excited, even though I have no idea how missionary work actually goes on in that situation, because you can't really go knocking on doors and ask "hey are you a young single adult??" But I am really excited, we had dinner with some of the Summer Sales wives and it was so fun, they are all my age and it was just nice to talk with them, it reminded me of all my friends back home😘except here they are all married haha!! . Afterwards Sister Smith and I were talking about it and I just have an easier time with the youth of the church I think. It's probably because I have a lot in common with them, but even when I was teaching Bunch I was like THIS IS TH BEST (don't get me wrong, I love my oldies as well..) and then I get the transfer call to YSA and I am so PUMPED 
Anyways Sister Smith and I were/are so surprised that we are getting whitewashed. The Assistants told me I was getting transferred and so Sister Smith thought she was going to stay and bring someone into the area and they told her she was getting transferred too and we were like WHAT. And they still haven't told us who is coming to take our place.. So hopefully Wheaton isn't getting shut down or anything! That would be the pits. Sister Smith and I have really built up this area and we both feel like it is on the brink of a lot of things happening because a lot of people we have been meeting with want to meet with us but had to wait until school gets out and one of our investigators Sandi has a daughter on a mission who gets home in June and then Sandi is going to get baptized, and we have a couple other investigators that we were planning on putting on date this week BUT NOW WE ARE LEAVING. It's crazy. There are 6 missionaries serving in our ward and only one of them is staying, so she is going to have to help explain to all the people coming in who their investigators are. It's scary leaving your area to other people, I have grown to love the people in this area but I'm sure they will be in good hands! We let Bunch know and he is so sad!!! But hopefully we can get permission from the mission president to still email him and make sure he is still progressing on his own and reading the Book of Mormon! I am proud of this area and know that we left it better than we found it and I'm excited to see how In the world the YSA works.
Sister Smith and I have been taking pictures with some members so I'll be sure to send them, I hope everyone has a great week and and Memorial Day,
I love you! 

Sister Madsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment